Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bad blogger.

So, clearly I suck at updating my blog so far. I am taking on-line classes and am a stay at home mom.... sounds easy, right? I always thought so. The classes are fine- they are pretty easy for the most part. But, I definitely underestimated how challenging being a mom would be. Getting the things that I want to do done.... well, most of the time just doesn't happen. Partly, because my husband is gone 9 months out of the year, so no after work relief. (Although, housework doubles when he is home, lol. I'll gladly accept that for a break!) So, I'm sorry guys!! (I say that like anyone actually reads my blog, ha)

That being said.... this is my update post about what I've started doing lately. My husband is home this month so I should be able to get more of my stuff done! Hallelujah! So, this all started because of a Facebook page in my town- it's an on-line garage sale page. Similar to Craigslist, but there is a lot more clothing, household etc things on this page. I put a few of my shirts on and made a couple bucks. Then, it hit me. I can be making much more money by selling things on-line. Mainly clothes, shoes and accessories. I just sold my first thing on Ebay, and it's like the coolest thing ever for me.

I don't want to reveal to much of my secrets.... but it feels great to finally be bringing some cash flow into our household after not working for so long. Raising a child is definitely a job if you are a stay at home mom- but it's not the same a bringing in a paycheck. I don't feel like I'm pulling my weight. So, I've slowly started to get into this the past few weeks. I actually got pretty motived this morning. My husband, Cef and I were up at like 4:30 this morning for the day. He's been sick and I had just been up with Miss G for a while trying to get her to go back to sleep. So, we were up. And you know the awesome informercials that play at that time of night: Slap Chop, Magic Bullet, Baby Bullet, Snuggie.... etc etc etc. Well, there was something different thing morning.

This different infomercial was called Self Made Millionaires. The only one I got to see was a woman who started hand painting martini glasses for friends- and it just kind of took off from there. Well- Let. Me. Tell. You. I was soooo unimpressed by those martini glasses- which they informed us now sell for $25 a pop. I was floored. I thought they were mostly pretty cheesy and ugly. Plus, now that they are such a big company they send the glasses "overseas" ::cough:: China ::cough:: to have their designs hand painted on the glasses. I hate buying stuff made in China. Google it if you don't know what's up with that. Now that I think about it.... it kind of reminds me of the Hunger Games in a way (Team Peeta). The US being the Capitol... and everyone below us. Of course, we don't control other countries really.... but we take their cheap labor and supplies so we can live it up, and they have crappy lives. Maybe I just love the Hunger Games so much that I just made a random connection. But, whatever. So anyways- I'm not trying to be a hater, and I totally am being one.... I applaud this woman and her successful business. But, it made me see how easy it can be to make money. You can sell a crappy product and be ballin' out of control like this lady. By the way the company I am talking about is: http://www.lolitaglasses.com/ - I really only like the Halloween glasses- some of those are pretty cute- but I wouldn't pay more than $5 for one. So, I guess I'll never have one of their hand painted in China glasses.

So anyway, you guy. Sorry, I'm getting distracted. I'm watching Independence Day and it's getting totally instense. Alex from Saved By the Bell who is playing a stripper in this movie is about to get blown up. Also, I'm eating the Keebler knock off version of Carmel Delights which I discovered at the grocery store the other day by accident. WHHYYY, did I have to find these?! They taste exactly like Girl Scout Carmel Delights. Irresistible.

Okay, anyways. Today was Goodwill half off day. I only got to go to one Goodwill. I spent two hours there. When I left I called to check up on my husband and daughter.... he informed me that she cried the whole time for me and finally fell asleep. Fantastic. My sick husband and my crying for mommy daughter at home together. So, I skipped the other Goodwill in town. I got quite a bit at the one I went to, so I'm happy. I will definitely be posting pictures. Might not be until Monday since tomorrow is Easter PLUS I have a crap ton of homework to do that I put off until the last second. Story of my life. I also have a pie to bake tonight/early in the morning before church if I flake out tonight. Also, I have to go get my daughter an Easter basket tomorrow before church. #FAIL

Okay- gonna call it a night and finish watching Big Willy Style kick some alien butt!! Night!! :D

<3 Shelby

Giovanna and daddy when he just got home after 4 months away. I love Skype because even though he left when she was 15 months and now she's 19 months.... she hasn't forgotten him at all. We chat daily while he's gone. This time it was most interesting to see how she reacted to him since now she is talking so much and has learned so much since he left. I think it was initial surprise having not seen him in person for so long... but they were best buds within 2 minutes. She surprised me a couple of weeks ago when I asked her where Shelby was and she pointed to me and smiled.... when Cef got here I asked her who Cef was and she pointed right at him. It's funny how much they pick up on since we only refer to ourselves as mommy and daddy to her. Okay- I'm done. Just check out the cute picture from 2 days ago!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

whatever fool, I read your blog. Love it, think you are funny and...you should tweet Skype so you can be their new spokesperson :)