Monday, March 5, 2012

Summer 2011: A Summer of Thriftyness.

I'm new to blogging.... So, let's see if I'm any good at it. What I KNOW I'm good at is saving money. I thrift, garage sale, coupon- you name it. I am as cheap as they come.... in regards to saving money at least. :) I don't get to do it as much as I'd like... I'm hoping in a few years Giovanna will start enjoying it as much as me- but now, as a 1 1/2 year old, well, she's not really fun to drag along to these usually fairly time consuming digs.

I'm going to start of here with the best finds of Summer 2011. Last summer was a great summer of garage saling and thrifting. I started really mapping out where I wanted to go and in what order. I'm sure I sound crazy. That's because I am. These are all kid related items... I find that being very thrifty with your kids is one of the best things you can do because they don't care!!! My daughter has no idea that almost all of her clothes and toys were worn and played with by someone before her. This give you a little bit more leg room in spending when you really want to splurge on something for yourself. It occurs to me that I'm giving away my secrets here.... which means less for me!!! But, that's okay. The truth is I would love for everyone to start saving and turning their financial situations around cough*Dave Ramsey*cough.

This is in my daughters room. Giraffe $3 & and lamp was a free curb pick up by my mom.
This is from the Habitat For Humanity ReStore $20 It's in my daughters room- the knobs have little animals on them and it's in perfect condition. STEAL.
This rocker was $5 at a garage sale. This was a good sale I remember well. One of my friends was over a couple weeks ago and informed me that these are over $100 new. Wow. I had no idea.
Garage Sale $10 This one vaguely sticks out in my mind because they were moving overseas to be with the husband of the family.
Same garage sale as the rocker $5
This chair is a HIT. It's adorable and pink.... $5
I love, love, love this picture $3
Kitchen w/food $8 & Shopping cart 75 cents.
$3... proceeds for this went to a missionary trip.
$3 for the tool set. I also got my Lucky brand purse at this same sale for $1

Okay, guys. I'm done for the day. I'll drag out some of my other favorites over the next few days, and add some more tips for you all!

xo

No comments: